The Teaching and Learning Center Offers
- Global Workshops – These workshops are primarily offered in alignment with the Integrated Planning and Organizational Transformation initiatives, to ensure a clear focus and direction for the enterprise of student centered teaching and leaning. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Friday Academies – Designed for all new full time faculty members allowing for opportunities and powerful discussions on teaching pedagogies, campus services, and Q & A essentials for first year professors.
- TLC Open House – Every year the Teaching and Leaning Center Coordinator provides an open house for all faculty and staff offering refreshments and opportunities for networking.
- New Adjunct Faculty Orientations – Every semester the Teaching and Learning Center welcomes new EVC adjuncts and provides basic information along with networking opportunities to new hires from every discipline.
- Enhanced Education – Opportunities for faculty are scheduled to develop online classroom environments which are learner centered and increase access for all students. Cosponsored with the Instructional Technology/Library Resources.
- Service Learning – TLC provides information about Service Learning and how it can be integrated into a faculty’s curriculum.
- Resource Center – At the TLC library articles on Learning Initiatives, approximately 150 books, and a number of video tapes are kept for check out. The most current and up to date Faculty Handbook is also available at the TLC library.
- Other: Updated web links providing faculty with information related to teaching and learning pedagogies, diversity in the classroom, and building communities. Support all PDD (Professional development days) in conjunction with the Staff Development Committee and chair.