Student Activities is guided by the belief that college learning extends beyond the classroom. Leadership and co-curricular events and activities provide a “laboratory” for learning within a collaborative environment. Student activities augment classroom
instruction by fostering unique and expanded educational and cultural experiences. These experiences prepare students for future civic and social responsibilities through community service, learning, and leadership development experiences. They also foster personal growth and facilitate interaction between students, faculty, and administrators from varied backgrounds in diverse settings through organization of social and recreational activities.
Understanding that the definition of student activities includes co-curricular as well as social and cultural activities, a wide range of diverse activities is encouraged and sponsored by the students, faculty, and administration. Many student activities are supported by the Associated Students in cooperation with various campus organizations. Programs are funded through the $5 per semester AS Activities/Membership fee.
How can students get involved in Student Life at EVC?
- Attend campus events and activities during the year
- Ice Cream Social (free ice cream & giveaways)
- Week of Welcome
- Kicks It Outside Student Information Day
- AS Club Rush (student club information/recruitment)
- Support events during the year such as Black History, Women’s History, Asian Heritage, Tet celebrations, and Cinco de Mayo festivities
- Join the Associated Students; participate in campus government.
- Join a student organization or start your own.
- Plan campus events and activities for students.
- Become an EVC Student Ambassador.
- Participate in EVC Intramural Sports.
Students interested in the many activities, organizations, and clubs available at EVC should contact the Office of Student Life located in G-205 or by phone at (408) 274-7900 ext. 6867. Information is als