Welcome EVC students! We are pleased that you are interested in gaining a valuable educational experience through active involvement in your community! Our goal at the Center is to prepare you to be civic-minded, responsible citizens of the world committed to realizing social justice for everyone!
Through Service-Learning you will see first hand the relevance of your studies to your life and to society. Additional benefits include:
- Increased performance in your Service-Learning class
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Heightened cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Acquiring professional experience while exploring career options
- Enhancing your UC and private colleges transfer applications
- Enhancing employment resume
- Obtaining reference letters
- Opportunities for scholarship
- Making a difference in your community
- Working towards social change
- Eligibility for International Service-Learning scholarships
- Qualifying for the President’s Volunteer Service Award
This website includes all the information you will need to learn more about Service-Learning and on how to get started.