BRN Course Deficiency Students
Program Updates | Purpose and Program Philosophy | Program Outcomes | Conceptual Framework | Program Enrollment and Progression | Nursing Program Policies | Eligibility Requirements and Enrollment Procedure | Nursing Major | C N A/Home Health | TEAS | LVN Advanced Placement | RN Transfer Student | BRN Course Deficiency Students | Workshops | Faculty & Staff | FAQ's | Comments About Us | Jobs & Internships | Pass Rates | Nursing Accreditation | Nursing Application | RN Bridge Program at SJSU
From October 1st to October 31st, you can go to https://evcnursing.wufoo.com/forms/evergreen-valley-college-nursing-application/ to apply to the Nursing Program. There will be an area on the application that will ask you if you are a BRN Course Deficient Student, please click on the yes button and your application will be complete. You do not need to submit any transcripts.
What to expect after you apply to the RN Program:
- After you apply to the BRN Deficient Student Program in October, you will be given study material via email in November for the N001 Fundamentals of Nursing Challenge Exam, you will have approximately one month to study for this exam (this test typically occurs in mid-December). This is material that you would have already covered as a in your nursing program.
- For the exam, you will need to bring the letter you received from the BRN along with a photo identification. After you complete the computerized exam, you will get your results in a timely fashion. You will be notified if you passed or failed the exam by email. If you pass, you will go to the next step (see below) if you fail, you will have to wait until the next application period to reapply to the program.
- Once you pass the Challenge Exam, you will be asked to take the TEAS test (see http://www.evc.edu/nursing/teas.htm). This usually occurs in January through March.
- If you pass the TEAS test, you will go to the next step, if you don’t pass the TEAS test, you will have to wait until the next application period to reapply to the program.
- You will be scheduled to do a face to face interview with a representative from EVC Nursing. After the interview you will be notified via email if you are qualified to enter our program.