Fees Policy & Application Steps
If you want to reserve one of the following locations, please proceed with this process.
Gullo I or Gullo II
Large Conference Room in Gullo II
STEP ONE– Complete and submit EVC Facility Request Application to the Business Services Coordinator 4 weeks prior to the event. Please allow 7 days to get confirmation on your facility request. ALL EVC FACULTY, STAFF, EVC STUDENT CLUBS and ORGANIZATIONS MUST CHECK TIER I on THE EVC FACILITY REQUEST APPLICATION
PLEASE NOTE: If your event occurs outside the normal business days and hours, Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM you will be subject to pay any additional personnel fees.
STEP TWO – Coordination
If necessary, joint meetings between the renter and Evergreen Valley College staff will be scheduled to clarify the renter’s needs, and the ability of our staff to meet those needs. There will be clear documentation about responsibilities.
- Once you receive confirmation on your event it is your responsibility to do the following:
- Add your event to the EVC master calendar—http://www.evc.edu/events/form.asp
- Request for all CTSS needs—http://www.evc.edu/ctss/repairreq.htm
- All layout requests, and/or changes are to be submitted to Yesenia M. Ramirez no later than two weeks prior to event.
- If you are an EVC Student Club or organization you must meet the following criteria:
- Chartered by ASG before submitting an EVC Facility Application.
- Advisor signature on the EVC Facility Application, and your advisor must be present at entire event.
For all other conference rooms please contact the appropriate department:
- Dean of Library & Learning Resources- Stacy Alvarez
- Library Conference Rooms and Learning Lab Rooms
- Dean of Language Arts – Cathy Kost
- Roble Conference Room
- Dean of Nursing & Allied Health- Adrienne Burns
- Sequoia Conference Room
- Dean of Counseling & Matriculation- Ivanna Ramirez
- Student Services Conference Rooms
- Vice President of Student Affairs – Paulette Romano (x6471) or Rita De La Cerda
- Small Conference Room between President and VPSA Office
- Presidents Office- Paulette Romano or Rita De La Cerda
- Presidents Conference Room
STEP ONE – Facility Fees
There will be three categories:
Tier I –Faculty, Staff, and EVC Student clubs and organizations
Tier II – All Non-profit groups (except churches)
Tier III – Private companies/groups and churches.
STEP TWO – Complete and submit EVC Facility Request Application to the Business Services Coordinator 4 weeks prior to the event. Please allow 7 days to get confirmation on your facility request.
STEP THREE – Coordination
If necessary, joint meetings between the renter and Evergreen Valley College staff will be scheduled to clarify renter’s needs, and the ability of our staff to meet those needs. There will be clear documentation about responsibilities.
STEP FOUR - Contract/Payment/Agreement
If request is approved, renter will be receive a “Facility Use Contract and Permit” from the Business Services office. This form will confirm the dates, times and locations for use. There is also an estimation of fees for rental and direct personnel costs. A signed Contract, payment for the amount as indicated on the Contract, a Certificate of Insurance with an endorsement naming the District as additionally insured, and signed copy of Rules and Regulations must be received by the Business Services office no later than 7 working days before the event. Non-compliance with this section may result in the cancellation or rescheduling of the event.
STEP FIVE – Final Billing
In some instances, labor required to staff the event increases more staff than originally estimated, or facilities are used longer than agreed. In these cases, the renter will be contacted by Business Services, and a Final Billing will be sent to the renter for the additional charges. Final billings must be paid within 30 days of the event.
Note: Applications for the use of facilities for the following academic year (July 31, 2012-June 30, 2013) may be made at any time, but may not be confirmed until after July 1st. Once a contract has been signed, the District will make every attempt to honor the contract, but instructional needs come first, and the District reserves the right to cancel a contract with cause at any time. If the District cancels the use of the facilities, all fees will be refunded, minus the application fee.
All short term use fees will be from the same official rental rate schedule.
Long term rentals will require a lease agreement, and the approval of the Vice President for Administrative Services, and fees charged may be different than those on the fee schedule.
Before rental fees (not direct costs) may be waived or reduced below the amount normally required by the rate schedule, the Vice President of Administrative Services must determine that the following conditions exist:
- The activity for which the facility is to be used relates directly to EVC’s mission of education and training, and SJECCD obtains a specific benefit from the activity.
- The activity is not political; and
- The value or benefit that SJECCD receives from the activity is substantially equivalent to the amount of rent SJECCD is foregoing.
- Any changes or additions to the contract less than two weeks prior to the event will incur a Change Order fee.
- Rental fees will be invoiced by the Business Services department.
- Additional set-up, clean-up or requirement for additional college personnel not factored in original contract and invoice will be invoiced after the event.
- Full payment is due in advance of the scheduled use, unless there already exists a long standing relationship with the campus in which case fees may be invoiced, but are due no later than 30 days after invoice.
- Late payments may result in denial of future rental participation, and will incur late charges of 1.5% per month.